Wellington Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
Exploring Options to Save Your Home
The economic climate today has made things very difficult for many people. Foreclosures are rampant and the opportunity to purchase property at low prices is unprecedented. If you are in danger from foreclosure, the Law Offices of Larry E. Bray, P.A., we can defend you, advise you of your options, take appropriate actions and protect you.
Contact a foreclosure defense lawyer in West Palm Beach, Lake Worth, or Boca Raton to learn about your specific options, or read the information below.
Mortgage Foreclosure Defense Options
- Home loan modification agreement: This involves negotiating directly with the bank to make payments more affordable, fix the interest rate, lengthen the term of the loan, or otherwise renegotiate the terms of the defaulted loan.
- Refinance: This is when the conditions allow for another loan which pays off the defaulted loan. But this time we are here to help, to be certain that you don't just get into another commitment that you can't make good on.
- Short sale: This is when you want to, or have to, sell the property but it is "upside down" (this means that the debt is higher than what you can get for the property and the bank won't clear the title until it is paid in full). At the Law Offices of Larry E. Bray, P.A., we can defend the foreclosure, arrange to have the property listed and once an offer is made, we submit that offer to the bank and convince them that accepting the net proceeds of that deal is still better for the bank than taking the property to foreclosure.
- Deed in lieu of foreclosure: When a sale cannot be consummated and there are no other liens on the property, we may be able to negotiate the surrender of your deed to the bank in full settlement of the outstanding balance.
- Access to investors: There is a new breed of investor out there. They buy homes that are in default and subject to foreclosure. Occasionally, this process can be of assistance provided that the terms of the deal are fair to you. We review and advise on those offers.
If we are able to utilize any of the devices available to you when you face foreclosure, including deed in lieu of foreclosure, our team can handle everything. In addition to pure legal representation we also offer access to reputable real estate brokers, title insurance (through the Attorneys Title Insurance Fund), access to mortgage products and counsel through the entire process.
Contact a Lake Worth Home Mortgage Lawyer
To speak to an experienced mortgage foreclosure defense lawyer, contact us for an initial consultation. Our office handles mortgage foreclosure matters and short sales for clients located throughout the state of Florida.